Approval of Class 1* Permit Modification - Land Ownership Change for Real Property Under Siemens Water Technologies Corporation's Vernon Facility
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Toxic Substances Control, Department of (Department of Toxic Substances Control)
- Document Title
- Approval of Class 1* Permit Modification - Land Ownership Change for Real Property Under Siemens Water Technologies Corporation's Vernon Facility
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) is approving a request for a Class 1* (prior DTSC approval required) Permit Modification to change the land ownership of the real property underneath a hazardous waste facility, pursuant to California Code of Regulations, title 22, section 66270.42. DTSC issued a Hazardous Waste Facility Permit (Permit) in 1996 for the Siemens Water Technologies Corporation (Facility) located at 5375 South Boyle Avenue, City of Vernon, Los Angeles County, California. The Permit authorizes Siemens to own and operate a hazardous waste treatment and storage facility on property leased from the real property owners. On or about April 6, 2010, the former real property owner, TriMas Corporation, sold the property to AMB Vernon Industrial Park Limited Liability Corporation (AMB)(LLC). AMB will continue to lease the property to Siemens without any changes to or influences on the operation of the hazardous waste facility. DTSC approved the modification of the Permit to reflect the change in real property ownership. Pursuant to Chapter 6.5 of the Health and Safety Code, DTSC reissued the Hazardous Waste Facility Permit to Siemens with the revisions.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
Office of Permitting 9211 Oakdale Avenue
Chatsworth, CA 91311
Phone : (916) 255-3612
- Los Angeles
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- 15301 Existing Facilities Class 1 consists of the operation, repair, maintenance, permitting, leasing, licensing, or minor alteration of existing public or private structures, facilities, mechanical equipment, or topographical features, involving negligible or no expansion of use beyond that existing at the time of the lead agency's determination. 1. The project involves modifying the existing Permit to reflect the sale of property beneath the Siemens facility. Ownership of the property was transferred from TriMas Corporation to AMB Vernon Industrial Park LLC. 2. Any additional changes to the Permit document are administrative in nature, in order to 1) correct grammatical and typographical errors; 2) update current conditions (e.g.:DTSC's regional office has moved from Glendale to Chatsworth); 3) to update the information to include pass approvals of previous permit modifications request, and 4) reflect current formatting practices. 3. There are no physical disturbances associated with the project approval. 4. The approval of the Class 1* Permit Modification will not involve expansion of use beyond that existing at the time of DTSC's approval. 5. There are no environmental effects associated with the project decision.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.