A Decision Support Tool (DST) for Appropriately Sizing Riparian Buffers (The Project)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- State Water Resources Control Board
- Document Title
- A Decision Support Tool (DST) for Appropriately Sizing Riparian Buffers (The Project)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Project involves; creating a decision support tool that assists land use planners in determining ecologically significant and scientifically based riparian buffer widths, education possible users about the use of the tool, and working with a local government organization to demonstrate the tool. Project benefits will include 2 or more of the following; flood protection, water quality protection, riparian species protection, and community quality/value protection for a stream near a highly developing area. Project benefits will also include a tool that when used allows future users to determine a riparian buffer width for streams in highly developing areas that protects 2 or more of the components above.
- Contact Information
State Water Resources Control Board
Division of Financial Assistance 1001 I Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
- Other Location Info
- Project Location: The Project location is in the Bay Delta and similar highly developing areas.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Project consists of researching the basic data collection in the field to develop the riparian buffer width tool. These type of actions fall under Class 6, Information Collection, Section 15306, as basic data collection and research. The Project also consists of working with a local government organization to test the tool, using it to determine an appropriate riparian buffer width for a local watershed project. This type of actions falls under Class 6, Information Collection, Section 15306, as experimental management. And the Project consists of educating possible future users on how to use the tool. This type of action falls under Class 22, Educational or Training Programs Involving No Physical Changes, Section 15322, as adoption of educational or training programs.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.