Implementation Project on Livestock Facilities to Reduce Nutrient, Sediment and Pathogen Pollution
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Resource Conservation District, Monterey County
- Document Title
- Implementation Project on Livestock Facilities to Reduce Nutrient, Sediment and Pathogen Pollution
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This project works with local livestock owners to implement Best Management Practices on their private property. The BMPs focus on improving water quality by addressing manure and erosion management. These implementation projects will result in a decrease of nutrients, sediments, and pathogens making their way into area waterways. The types of BMPs to be implemented at these locations are paddock covers, roof runoff structures (gutter & downspours), subsurface drain )french drain), structures for water control (dissipaters, heavy use area protection (surface treatment), waste storage (concrete manure bunkers and compost bins), filter sttrips and fencing.
- Contact Information
Resource Conservation District, Monterey County
744 La Guardia Street, Building A
Salinas, CA 93905
Phone : (831) 424-1036
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, 3, 4 - Class 1, 3, & 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- None of the projects will affect sensitive areas or resources. All of the projects are on private property, will not have a neagtive effect on endangered and/or threatened species habitat and will not include wetlands restoration or disturbance. All of the project have been determined not to have a significant effect on the entironment and therefore shall be exempt from the provisions of CEQA.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.