Cordoza Ridge Remote Automated Weather Station Installation
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Cordoza Ridge Remote Automated Weather Station Installation
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Install a 20' tall steel Remote Automated Weather Station and 3' high X 15' long metal fence on Cordoza Ridge at Henry W. Coe State Park to monitor rainfall, wind speed and direction, temperature and humidity. Data will be transmitted by radio telemetry to the San Jose State University Department of Meteorology and will be utilized for calculating fire danger rating and managing prescribed fire projects. Excavate approximately 6 post holes approximately 12" deep for fench and one 38" deep hole for station tower.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
Monterey District 2211 Garden Road
Monterey, CA 93940
Phone : (831) 649-2980
- Santa Clara
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15303, 15304 - Class 3, 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of construction and location of limited numbers of new, small facilities or structures; minor public alterations in the condition of land and vegetation that do not involve removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees; included as "construction or installation of park facilities, such as fencing and gates" in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities, in accordance with CCR section 15300.4.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.