Restore Sage Scrub and Grasslands
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Restore Sage Scrub and Grasslands
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This project combines several smaller weed control efforts on the inland side of interstate 5. Weeds to control include significant acres of artichoke thistle, sweet fennel, tamarix, pampas grass, veldt grass, and black mustard. Seed collection, propagation, and replanting in weed control areas are included in this project. Work will focus on areas immediately around the federally endangered Brodiaea filifolia. Targeted herbicide application will be the main control method for exotics. Broadcast prescribed burning will also be considered and used for further weed control in the grassland areas to control for invasive grasses and other exotics. DPR-approved standard project requirements have been incorporated into this project. A copy of these requirements may be obtained by submitting a request to the project Environmental Coordinator listed below.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (949) 607-9510
- Other Location Info
- San Onofre State Beach
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- No potential for significant impact to the environment is anticipated in compliance with S 15300.2. The project is exempt under CEQA S 15304-Minor Alterations to Land. The action falls under the Departmental List of Exempt activities according to CEQA S 15304 - Minor Alterations to Land as "Prescribed burns to restore native vegetation, reduce fuel loads, and control invasive exotic or alien species" and as a "Resource Management Project."
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.