Boggs Mountain Demonstration State Forest - Parking Lot Restroom Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Forestry and Fire Protection, Department of (California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection)
- Document Title
- Boggs Mountain Demonstration State Forest - Parking Lot Restroom Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project represents the replacement of an existing vault toilet (outhouse) with a restroom facility for forest visitors at Boggs Mountain Demonstration State Forest. The restroom will be in the same general location of the existing facility, within the main parking area (dirt and gravel surface) located at the entrance to the state forest. The BMDSF main parking area is located at the end of Forestry Road, 1/4 mile off CA hwy 175 and is adjacent to the Forest Office and the Boggs Mountain Helitack Station. The replacement restroom lies approximately 150 feet from the existing vault toilet. The existing vault toilet will be removed and the excavated hole will be backfilled with material excavated during the installation of the new restroom. Installation of the restroom requires the following: level and compact the 12'x 14' restroom footprint area, excavate a 150', 1' x 2' septic line trench, lay the septic line and backfill, install toilet and sink hardware components, and construct and enclosure structure. Plumbing the facility will require excavating a 180', 1'x1' trench across parking lot area to water access, laying the pipe and backfilling the trench. Only minor amounts of vegetation (grasses and forbes) will be disturbed during the construction.
- Other Location Info
- Bogg Mountain Demonstration State Forest- T11N,R8W, Sec 2,MDBM
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project fits within the description for the above-listed Categorical Exemption found in the CEQA Guidelines. Field review by CAL FIRE staff confirmed that no exceptions apply which would preclude the use of a Notice of Exemption for this project. The Department has concluded that no significant environmental impact would occur to aesthetics, agriculture and forestland/timberland, air quality, biological resources, cultural resources, geology and soils, greenhouse gas emissions, hazards and hazardous materials, hydrology and water quality, land use planning, mineral resources, noise, population and housing, public services, recreation, transportation/traffic, or to utilities and service systems. Documentation of the environmental review completed by the Department is kept on file at Bogg Mountain Demonstration State Forest, 500 Forestry Road, Cobb CA 95426.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.