Butte Valley Wildlife Area - Unit 2A Wetland Enhancement
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1 (Redding) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1)
- Document Title
- Butte Valley Wildlife Area - Unit 2A Wetland Enhancement
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project will raise and reconstruct 6,325 feet of existing levee in Unit 2A to more effectively regulate water within this 75-acre Unit. Approximately 12 acres of uplands will be restored to wetlands. The existing levee will be repaired and the height raised about one foot. The levee top width will be 15 feet with 5:1 side slopes. This levee will need to be extended 725 feet to daylight into high ground. Existing deep, manmade borrow ditches need to be filled about one foot to improve water circulation and prevent stagnation. Two waterfowl nesting islands will be constructed. The islands will be three feet high; 15 feet wide and 50 feet long on top with 5:1 side slopes.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Game
Northern Region 601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 459-1129
- Other Location Info
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15304, Class 4d
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project proposes to enhance 75 acres of wetlands with the regulations of water levels for the production of food and resting areas for waterfowl and other wetland-associated birds.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.