Exchange of up to 30,000 acre-feet of Santa Clara Valley Water District's (SCVWD) Approved Central Valley Project (CVP) Water Supplies with State Water Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Exchange of up to 30,000 acre-feet of Santa Clara Valley Water District's (SCVWD) Approved Central Valley Project (CVP) Water Supplies with State Water Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Up to 30,000 acre-feet of SCVWD's approved CVP water supplies will be made available to DWR at O'Neill Forebay. In exchange, DWR will deliver an equal amount of SWP water supplies from the Delta to SCVWD's turnouts in Reach 9 of the South Bay Aqueduct. The proposed water exchange intends to increase SCWVD's operational flexibility by allowing more SWP water to be conveyed to SCVWD through the South Bay Aqueduct to compensate for potential severe conveyance constraints on the San Felipe Division due to scheduled maintenance outages. DWR will deliver the CVP water to SWP service areas south of O'Neill Forebay. The proposed exchange is included under a petition for change in place of use pursuant to Water Code 1725 et. seq.
- Contact Information
California Department of Water Resources
State Water Project Analysis Office 1416 9th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-9593
- Santa Clara
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Statutory Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Code 1729
- Reasons for Exemption
- Categorical Exempt: Class 1, Sec. 15301 The proposed exchange is exempt from CEQA under CA Water Code 1729.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.