Folsom Point Parking Lot Rehabilitation and ADA Upgrades
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Folsom Point Parking Lot Rehabilitation and ADA Upgrades
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Improve and rehabilitate the existing Folsom Point Boat Ramp paved parking lot at Folsom Lake State Recreation Areas to improve traffic safety for visitors and comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and meet requirements in the "California State Park Accessibility Guidelines". Work will: " Reconfigure the entrance and exist to the parking lot and the ship shapes lanes to provide a more efficient circulation flow in the parking lot. " Upgrade existing accessible parking with six new accessible parking spaces adjacent to the existing restroom along with a new six foot-wide accessible concrete pathway with hand and guard rails to connect the parking spaces to the restroom. " Construct a vegetated drainage swale to help filter run-off from the parking lot. " Install a steel and acrylic information board on the exterior wall of the existing restroom and a facility identification sign adjacent to the restroom and boat ramp. " Cut back the embankment on the south side of the lot up to 20 feet to provide room for circulation lanes without reducing the amount of parking capacity. The slope will be graded to no more than 2:1 and install a retaining wall along the base of the embankment. " Remove six rocks and mortar stanchions that line portions of the existing roadway and parking lot. The stanchions will be removed and placed within the Folsom Point area to replace stanchions that have been removed are damaged. " Re-surface the entire parking lot and entrance road with pavement fabric, a double chip seal and re-stripe.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
7806 Folsom Auburn Road P.O.
Folsom, CA 95630
Phone : (916) 988-0205
- Other Location Info
- Folsom Lake State Recreation Area
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of the repair of existing facilities, minor alteration of existing public structures involving negligible expansion of use beyond current levels as "modifications of existing facilities for handicap access" in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities, in accordance with CCR SS 15300.4, the replacement of existing structures where the new structure will have substantially the same purpose and capacity as the structure replaced consistent with Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities, in accordance with CCR SS 15300.4
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.