San Joaquin Valley Unified Air Pollution Control District Rule Development: Amendments to Rule 2201 (New and Modified Stationary Source Review Rule)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District
- Document Title
- San Joaquin Valley Unified Air Pollution Control District Rule Development: Amendments to Rule 2201 (New and Modified Stationary Source Review Rule)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This is a rule development project to amend existing District Rule 2201 (New and Modified Stationary Source Review Rule). The Clean Air Act and applicable regulations require that PM2.5 nonattainment areas, such as the San Joaquin Valley, incorporate permitting requirements into their New Source Review (NSR) rules. The U.S. Environment Protection Agency (EPA) found the permitting exemption for agricultural emissions sources in section 4.6.9 of District Rule 2201 to be ambiguous. Therefore, for these reasons the project is to incorporate mandatory provisions of the federal nonattainment PM2.5 permitting program requirements into District Rule 2201 and to clarify the agricultural permitting requirements.
- Contact Information
San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District
1990 E. Gettysburg Avenue
Fresno, CA 93726
Phone : (559) 230-6000
- Fresno Kern Kings Madera Merced San Joaquin
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The District finds that the project is exempt per the general rule that CEQA applies only to project which have the potential for causing a significant effect on the environment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.