Chemical Unloading Facility (CUF) Chlorine Containment Facility Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
- Document Title
- Chemical Unloading Facility (CUF) Chlorine Containment Facility Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (Metropolitan) proposes to perform final design and construction activities for the chlorine containment system at Metropolitan's Chemical Unloading Facility (CUF). At the CUF, liquefied chlorine gas is transferred from vendor-supplied rail cars to Metropolitan-owned cargo trailers that are delivered to Metropolitan's water treatment plants. The project includes the design and construction of an enclosed building that will house chlorine rail cars and cargo trailers, trans-loading equipment, chlorine neutralization system, process monitoring room, maintenance area, emergency generator, and chlorine recompression system. The new containment facility will be designed to comply with current fire codes; provide a consistent level of chlorine safety among the CUF and the water treatment plants; and incorporate greater access control, boundary protection, and surveilance equipment to enhance security.
- Contact Information
Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
P.O. Box 54153
Los Angeles, CA 90054-0153
Phone : (213) 217-7658
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, 2, 3, 11 - Class 1, 2, 3
- Reasons for Exemption
- The proposed project consist of the operation, repair, maintenance, permitting, leasing, licensing, or minor alteration of existing public or private structures, facilities, mechanical equipment, or topographic features, involving negligible or no expansion of use beyond that existing at the tiem of the lead agency's determination.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.