Caltrans, Highway 101 Confusion Hill Decommissioning Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Santa Rosa
- Document Title
- Caltrans, Highway 101 Confusion Hill Decommissioning Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The purpose of the proposed project is to minimize the likelihood of manmade features entering the South Fork Eel River. The project includes: removal of the roadway and eight structures; rock fall mesh; brugg netting; metal beam guard rail; fencing; culverts; and k-rail. Roadway removal will require re-grading the old roadbed to allow the natural drainage and slope stability. In addition, Caltrans is required to revegetate approximately 9 acres (within the bypass project area and decommissioning project area) to compensate for impacts to vegetation as part of the Confusion Hill Bypass Project.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Sa
5550 Skylane Boulevard, Suite A
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Phone : (707) 576-2835
- Other Location Info
- South of Garberville
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Existing highway drainage system with minor impacts.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.