City of Eureka - Halvorson Park Shoreline Protection
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Santa Rosa
- Document Title
- City of Eureka - Halvorson Park Shoreline Protection
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- High tides encroached above the existing rock slope protection (RSP), destabilizing the RSP and the shoreline the RSP is protecting. Erosion has also undermined and damaged the existing trail that borders the bay. The project involves repair of the damaged RSP along a 35-foot long section of shoreline adjacent to the Humboldt Bay Rowing Club's boat dock. Approximately 10 cubic yards of imported RSP (high density quarry rock) will be placed to restore the damaged section of RSP. All work will be performed during low tide and no work will occur in the water. Rock will only be placed on top of existing RSP and in the voids within the RSP.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Sa
5550 Skylane Boulevard, Suite A
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Phone : (707) 576-2801
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Repair of the existing RSP involving no expansion of existing use.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.