Soda Bay Road Shaded Fuel Break
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Forestry and Fire Protection, Department of (California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection)
- Document Title
- Soda Bay Road Shaded Fuel Break
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Soda Bay Road is a single, narrow two-lane road serving the communitites of Buckingham, Clear Lake Riviera, Riviera Heights, Riviera West, and Soda Bay. In the event of a wildland emergency, ingress and egress into these areas could be compromised. The Soda Bay Fuel Break will follow Soda Bay Road from its intersection with Highway 29 at Kit's Corner north and west to the Clear Lake State Park, ending at Clark Drive. The work will entail removing and/or thinning brush, small trees less than 4-inch DBH, and the pruning or limbing up of the lower branches of large trees. Understory fuels over one foot in height will be thinned and/or removed in order to develop the required vertical and horizontal separation.
- Contact Information
CAL Fire - Sonoma-Lake-Napa Unit
1199 Big Tree Road
St. Helena, CA 94574
Phone : (707) 967-1400
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, 15304(b, i) - Class 1 & 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- Minor Alterations to Land. Existing Facilities.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.