Salinas River Stream Maintenance Program (Amendment No. 4 to Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600 2016 0016-R4)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Monterey County
- Document Title
- Salinas River Stream Maintenance Program (Amendment No. 4 to Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600 2016 0016-R4)
- Document Type
- NOD - Notice of Determination
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) has executed the Amended and Restated Streambed Alteration Agreement (Agreement) number 1600-2016-0016-R4, issued to Resource Conservation District of Monterey County. The Project includes activities related to routine Maintenance Projects with the goals of improving flood protection and increasing channel capacity of the streams. Maintenance Projects will occur within existing, enhanced, or created secondary channels within the Salinas River; within the Salinas River outside secondary channels; and within Gonzales Slough, Bryant Canyon Channel, and San Lorenzo Creek. Maintenance Projects include sediment removal and grading, vegetation removal, Arundo removal, bar ripping, and tree planting. In addition, the Agreement allows mowing of dead Arundo as a retreatment method in years of premature dormancy and minor edits to tree planting language to maintain consistency within the Agreement. Amendment No. 4 to the Agreement allows email approvals to be submitted by Responsible Parties rather than new signatures for any VRF modifications and 60-day extension so ‘spring’ VRF activities with CDFW Region R4 staff emailed approval in case work delays occur, typically from climatic conditions or ideal herbicide timing.
- Contact Information
CA Department of Fish and Wildlife
1234 E. Shaw Ave.
Fresno, CA 93710
Phone : (559) 243-4014 ext. 246
- San Lorenzo Creek, Bryant Canyon Channel, Gonzales Slough
- Other Location Info
- The Project includes an approximately 92-mile linear length of the Salinas River from River Mile 2 to River Mile 94, and two miles cumulatively from San Lorenzo Creek, Bryant Canyon Channel, and Gonzales Slough, all tributaries to the Salinas River, in Monterey County, California.
Notice of Determination
- Approving Agency
- CDFW Central Region
- Approving Agency Role
- Responsible Agency
- Approved On
- County Clerk
- Final Environmental Document Available at
- The environmental impact report prepared for the project is available to the general public at the office location listed above for the Lead Agency.
- (1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
- (2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
- (4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
- (5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
- (6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- Notice of Determination
- 2016-0016_Amend4_NOD_SCH 2011041066 PDF 205 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.