Class 1* Permit Modification Approval for Riverbank Oil Transfer
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Toxic Substances Control, Department of (Department of Toxic Substances Control)
- Document Title
- Class 1* Permit Modification Approval for Riverbank Oil Transfer
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project consists of approval a Class 1* permit modification pursuant ot health & Safety Cod, chapter 6.5, to Riverbank Oil Transfer's (ROT's) Standardized Permit to include additional permit language and testing procedures developed by the Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC). The permit modification would not alter the type of quantity of waste handled by ROT. ROT's operations consist of collecting used oil, waste antifreeze, and non-RCRA oily wastewater from offsite generators (gas stations, oil changers, auto repair shops, etc.) and transferring the waste from tanker trucks to rail cars before shipping it to a hazardous waste treatment or disposal facility. ROT also stores solid waste contaminated with oil, used antifreeze, and non-RCRA wastewater in 55-gallon drums and places the drums into the Drum Storage Area. The drums are then sent to a hazardous waste treatment of disposal facility.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
Used Oil & Tanks Team 700 Heinz Ave, Suite 300
Berkeley, CA 94710
Phone : (510) 540-3946
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Sec. 15061(b)(3)
- Reasons for Exemption
- General Rule: Cal. Code Regs., tit. 14, Sec. 15061(b)(3) DTSC has determined that there is no possibility that the proposed project will result in a significant effect.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.