Corrective Measures Proposal, General Plating Company Facility
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Toxic Substances Control, Department of (Department of Toxic Substances Control)
- Document Title
- Corrective Measures Proposal, General Plating Company Facility
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is the completon of corrective action at the former General Plating Facility (the Site). The proposed final remedy is presented in the Corrective Measures Proposal (CMP), dated July 2010, prepared by Black Rock Geosciences. The proposed final remedy consist of excavating onsite soils that exceed the California Human Health Screen Levels (CHHSLs) for residential land use, installing a vapor barrier, and implementing a Land Use Covenant (LUC) to ensure that the vapor barrier remains in place and to notify persons who may excavate metal-impacted soil. The proposed remedy will protect human health and the environment by reducing the concentration, extent and volume of hazardous waste and hazardous waste constituents and will allow for redevelopment of the site for residential use.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
Brownfields and Environmental Restoration 5796 Corporate Avenue
Cypress, CA 90037
Phone : (714) 484-5324
- Los Angeles Los Angeles, City of
- Los Angeles
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is the excavation and offsite disposal of metal-impacted soild and the installaton of a vapor barrier that will eliminate the potential threat of vapor intrusion caused by residual VOC contamination, thereby reducing potential reisk for future site occupants and the environment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.