Post Closure Permit for Ponds 8 and 9
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Toxic Substances Control, Department of (Department of Toxic Substances Control)
- Document Title
- Post Closure Permit for Ponds 8 and 9
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) is issuing a post-closure permit to Tesoro Refining and Marketing Company. The permit is for the post-closure care of two closed surface impoundments, Ponds 8 and 9. These Ponds are subject to post-closure because, required DTSC clean-up standards could not be met during closure activities. The post closure permit will require the owner/operator to continue the monitoring and cleanup requirements of the California Regional Water Quality Control Board (RWQCB) as per Cleanup and Abatement Order No. 88-70 (CAO 88-70), as modified by the RWQCB and any order requirements imposed by DTSC. The owner/operator is proposing to fill both Ponds and covering them with an asphalt and/or concrete cap.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
Office of Permitting 9211 Oakdale Avenue
Chatsworth, CA 91311
Phone : (818) 717-6679
- Los Angeles
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15061 (b)(3)
- Reasons for Exemption
- No possibility of significant effect on the environment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.