Perris Water Filtration Plant Hydroelectric Generation
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Eastern Municipal Water District
- Document Title
- Perris Water Filtration Plant Hydroelectric Generation
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Perris Water Filtration Plant (PWFP) currently treats Colorado River Water and State Project Water and supplies 20 million gallons per day (MGD) of potable water to the northern Perris and Moreno Valley area within Eastern Municipal Water District's service area. A State Water Project (SWP) supply pipeline provides from 4 to 19 million gallons per day of SWP water through a 36-inch diameter pipeline to the PWFP. Currently, a 24-inch diameter plug valve at the plant regulates the inflow and dissipates excess energy. However, this valve has not performed properly and has failed within 8 months of service. The valve was found to be severely eroded as a result of cavitation.
- Contact Information
Eastern Municipal Water District
2270 Trumble Road P.O. Box 8300
Perris, CA 92572-8300
Phone : (951) 928-3777
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15328 - Class 28
- Reasons for Exemption
- The proposed installation and operation of the energy recovery device has been determined not to have a potential to cause significant adverse environmental effects as a result of any of the exceptions.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.