Selby Ranch Road and Fuel Break Maintenance
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Forestry and Fire Protection, Department of (California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection)
- Document Title
- Selby Ranch Road and Fuel Break Maintenance
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Woods Creek Truck Trail and Scott Forbes Road have been treated as fire access roads since 1946. CAL FIRE has maintained an easement with the property owners for the duration. Past treatments have included grading the road surface and removal of nearby vegetation to facilitate the movement of fire resources into an area with no other road access. All of the access road is across private lands with gated access to the majority of it. The proposed project consists of general road maintanance on the existing road. Cal Fire personnel and heavy equipment will be used to complete the work while operating within the existing road prism and fuel break.
- Contact Information
Forestry and Fire Protection, Board of
13760 Lincoln Way
Auburn, CA 95603
Phone : (530) 889-0111
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301(c), 04, 07 - Class 1, 4, 7
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project involves minor road maintenance to facilitate emergency response. Existing facilities: maintenance of existing highways and streets, sidewalks, gutters, bicycles and pedestrian trails, and similar faciltiies. The project will help prevent wild fire.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.