Perris Water Filtration Plant Rejection Recovery Facility
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Eastern Municipal Water District
- Document Title
- Perris Water Filtration Plant Rejection Recovery Facility
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Perris Water Filtration Plant (PWFP) currently treats Colorado River Water and State Project Water and supplies 20 million gallons per day (MGD) of potable water to the northern Perris and Moreno Valley areas within Eastern Municipal Water District's service area. However, the PWFP, routinely operating at 98% recovery, yields 0.4 MGD of reject flow. Eastern Municipal Water District proposes to construct a reject water recovery system within the PWFP for treatment of the reject water for reuse to mitigate reject treatment costs and optimize use of potable water sources. The PWFP Reject Recovery Facility will consist of the following components: - A 40 x 50 foot concrete pad - Three (3) 440-foot intake/discharge pipelines - Construction of the reject water recovery system on the concrete pad The proposed Reject Recovery Facility will be constructed entirely within the PWFP. The area within the PWFP to be affected by this project has already been leveled, graded and developed with PWFP facilities. Upon completion of the PWFP Reject Recovery Facility, the Perris Water Filtration Plant will continue to provide efficient, reliable potable water service to the Perris and Moreno Valley areas.
- Contact Information
Eastern Municipal Water District
2270 Trumble Road P.O. Box 8300
Perris, CA 92572-8300
Phone : (951) 928-3777 x 4462
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project is for the minor alteration of existing facilities involving no expansion of existing use.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.