Prescribed Burn Plan and Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Prescribed Burn Plan and Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Stack and burn 481 acres of the sandhills chaparral community within H. Cowell Redwoods State Park to perpetuate the unique vegetative and wildlife community found on this unusual substrate. Work will sub-divide proposed burn plots into smaller sub-plots of less than 10 acres; cut and burn all trees and shrubs less than 10" dbh, provide 2 foot bare soil lines around each sub-block to ensure firefighter safety and successful holding operations and initiate burning on designated burn days.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (831) 335-6385
- Santa Cruz
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15304 - Class 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of minor alteration in the condition of land and vegetation that does not involve the removal of healthy, mature trees except for forestry purposes and is included as "controlled burns to restore native vegetation, reduce fuel loads, and control invasive exotic or alien species" in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities in accordance with CCR section 15300.4.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.