Palo Colorado Community Fuelbreak
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Forestry and Fire Protection, Department of (California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection)
- Document Title
- Palo Colorado Community Fuelbreak
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This project will reduce fuel loading along a ridgeline separating Palo Colorado Creek and Garrapata Creek, on a private conservation open space property. In addition, this property is used as access for fire suppression and alternate egress for the entire community of Palo Colorado Canyon. The project is approximately in Palo Colorado, approximately six miles southeast of Carmel Highlands, CA., in between Garrapatos Road and Garrapatos Ridge Road. The project will remove close to 100% woody vegetation less than 12" DBH within 10 feet of a road. Vegetation will be reduced by approximately 60% from 10 feet to 100 feet of a road. Dead, diseased, and dying trees that may impact a road or structure will be removed.
- Contact Information
William E. SDnyder
Forestry and Fire Protection, Board of
San Benito-Monterey Unit Headquarters 2221 Garden Road
Monterey, CA 93940
Phone : (831) 333-2600
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, 15304 Class 1, 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- Pertaining to existing structures and minor alterations to land, will not have a significant effect on the environment, and is exempt from the provisions of CEQA.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.