Carmel Highlands Community Fuelbreak
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Forestry and Fire Protection, Department of (California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection)
- Document Title
- Carmel Highlands Community Fuelbreak
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This project will reduce fuel loading along the ridgelines on the east boundary of the community of Carmel Highlands. In addition, this property is used as access for fire suppression and emergency egress for the residents of Carmel Highlands. The project is in the community of Carmel Highlands, along Corona Road, Red Wolf Drive and Mount Devon Road, as well as unnamed native surface roads along the ridgelines of the eastern boundary of the community. The project will reduce woody vegetation less than 12" DBH within 10 feet of a road. Vegetation will be reduced by approximately 60% within 100 feet of a road. Dead, diseased, and dying trees that may impact a road or structure will be removed.
- Contact Information
Willaim E. Snyder
Forestry and Fire Protection, Board of
San Benito-Monterey Unit Headquarters 2221 Garden Road
Monterey, CA 93940
Phone : (831) 333-2600
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, 15304 - Class 1, 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- Pertaining to existing structures and minor alterations to land, will not have a significant effect on the environment, and is exempt from the provisions of CEQA.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.