PG&E's Delta-Mountain Gate Junction 60kV Power Line Project, Shasta County
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 5 (Central Valley), Redding
- Document Title
- PG&E's Delta-Mountain Gate Junction 60kV Power Line Project, Shasta County
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- In winter 2009-2010, a shallow soil failure adjacent to a Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) transmission line destabilized the hillside and blocked the adjacent access road. PG&E performed initial emergency work to clear the access road and stabilize adjacent transmission structures, but potential exists for continued upslope failures. These landslides could cause further damage to the access road, and downhill infrastructure, including Interstate-5 (I-5) and three adjacent utility lines: the Delta-Mountain Gate 60 kV Transmission Line, the Craig View-Cascade 115 kV Transmission Line, and a parallel 12 kV distribution line. In addition, in the current condition, the bare slopes and loose soil from this soil failure may erode and cause downslope sedimentation (towards I-5).
- Contact Information
George D. Day
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 5 (Central Valley)
415 Knollcrest Drive, Suite 100
Redding, CA 96002
Phone : (530) 224-4859
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The replacement or reconstruction of an access road where the new structure will be located on the same site as the existing road.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.