Emergency Sinkhole Repair at Mud Slough
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Caltrans 10 (Stockton) (California Department of Transportation, District 10)
- Document Title
- Emergency Sinkhole Repair at Mud Slough
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) conducted an emergency project to repair a sinkhole in State Route 140, Merced County at postmile 11.32 east of the City of Gustine at Mud Slough Bridge (Bridge # 39-0091). The highway failed due to subsidence caused by scouring. A sinkhole formed in the eastbound land of the highway. Immediate repairs were needed to prevent further damage to the highway and to ensure public safety. Construction occurred from the roadway only within existing Caltrans right of way.
- Contact Information
California Department of Transportation, District 10
1976 E. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Stockton, CA 95205
Phone : (209) 942-6045
- Other Location Info
- Approx. 5.0 miles east of Gustine
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Statutory Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project was undertaken, carried out, or approved by a public agency to maintain, repair, or restore an existing highway damaged by land subsidence within the existing right of way of the highway and it was initiated within one year of the damage occurring.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.