Parks and Recreation, Department of
(California Department of Parks and Recreation)
Well Pump and Utilities Replacement
NOE - Notice of Exemption
Replace well pump and utility connections at Armstrong Redwoods State Natural Reserve to ensure that the park water system is functional for visitors and park personnel. Work will:
* Replace well pump motor using a truck/pump rig, remove old pump, drop pipe and electrical wire.
* Excavate an approximately 50' long x 1.5' wide x 1.5' deep trench and install a new propane line between existing propane tank to well she.
* Excavate an approximately 85' long x 1.5' wide x 1.5' deep trench and install a replacement electrical conduit between electrical power pole to well shed.
* Raise the existing well casing to 18" above ground surface. Fill in existing vault with gravel and concrete.
* Cover the well head with an approximately 4' high x 8' long x 4' wide wood shed to protect the well head.
Project consists of the repair, maintenance, and minor alteration of exising public or private structures, facilities, mechanical equipment, or topographic features, involving negligible expansion of use beyond current levels; replacement or reconstruction of existing structures and facilities where the new structure will e loated on the same site as the structure replaced and will have substantantially the same purpose and capacity as the structure replaced; construction and location of limited numbers of new, small facilities or structures; and minor public alterations in the condition of land and vegetation which do not involve the removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees except for forestry purposes; and is included as "utility repairs and minor upgrades in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities, in accordance with CCR section 15300.4.