East Los Angeles College - South Gate Educational Project - Removal Action Workplan
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Los Angeles Community College District
- Document Title
- East Los Angeles College - South Gate Educational Project - Removal Action Workplan
- Document Type
- NOD - Notice of Determination
- Present Land Use
- Z: Heavy Manufacturing GP: Mixed Commercial/industrial, Subarea 1 South Gate College District
- Document Description
- Project is the approval by the DTSC of a Removal Action Workplan (RAW) East Los Angeles College - South Gate Educational Project (Site), dated March 2017, pursuant to Chapter 6.5, Division 20, Section 25355(a)(1) of the Health and Safety Code. The 18.5 acre Site is located at 2525 Firestone Blvd., at the northwest corner of the Firestone Blvd/Santa Fe Ave. intersection, in the City environmental cleanup of the Site based on an amended Voluntary Cleanup Agreement (VCA) [Docket No. HSA-VCA12/13-055] executed between the DTSC and LACCD dated Jan 03, 2017. The RAW for the Site serves to remove total petroleum hydrocarbon (TPH)-impacted soil in three areas (Area B19, B22 and B39) beneath Building 1. The three areas were identified during previous environmental investigations at the Site. The contamination consists of TPH in the diesel and motor oil hydrocarbon chain ranges. The proposed scope of work proposes cutting out sections of the floor slab, excavating contaminated soil, and disposing of the soil at an off-site facility. The TPH-contaminated soil will also be re-compacted to a depth of 20 feet below ground surface (bgs) within the building footprint to address potential liquefaction concerns.
- Contact Information
9211 Oakdale Ave.
Chatsworth, CA 91311
Phone : (818) 707-6552
- 33°57'32"N 118°13'14"W
- South Gate
- Los Angeles
- Cross Streets
- Santa Fe Avenue/Firestone Blvd.
- Total Acres
- Parcel #
- State Highways
- UPRR, Alameda Coor.
- SGHS, Stanford ES, etc.
Notice of Determination
- Approving Agency
- Approving Agency Role
- Responsible Agency
- Approved On
- Final Environmental Document Available at
- 9211 Oakdale Ave., Chatswroth, CA 91311
- (1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
- (2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
- (4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
- (5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
- (6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.