Quemetco, Inc., Class I Modification, Permit No: 05-GLN-08, CAD 066233966, Hazardous waste Facility Operation and Post-Closure Permit
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Department of Toxic Substances Control
- Document Title
- Quemetco, Inc., Class I Modification, Permit No: 05-GLN-08, CAD 066233966, Hazardous waste Facility Operation and Post-Closure Permit
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Hazardous waste quality or quantity processed within the battery wrecker area will not be affected. Construction of an enclosure around the battery wrecker operating area will capture fugitive lead dust emissions from the battery wrecker process which are present in low levels. The entire building and battery breaking process will be exhausted through a baghouse with HEPA filters. The ventilation for the enclosure will provide approximately eight (8) air changes per hour with all of the air exhausted through the baghouse essentially acting as a large exhaust hood.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
Brownsfields and Environmental Restoration Program 9211 Oakdale Avenue
Chatsworth, CA 91311
Phone : (818) 717-6532
- Los Angeles
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Exemption Status: General Rule The project is exempt because it can be seen with certainty that the project has no possibility for causing a significant environment effect.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.