Permitting and Operation of Willow Pond Well, Treatment and Disinfection System
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Public Health, Department of (California Department of Public Health)
- Document Title
- Permitting and Operation of Willow Pond Well, Treatment and Disinfection System
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Vaughn Water Company (WC) has submitted a Domestic Water Supply Permit Application to permit an already existing domestic water supply well (Willow Pond Well) and associated treatment system. The well was drilled between December 2005 and March 2006 under a ministerial permit issued by Kern County. The treatment system was constructed and placed in service in 2009. The well includes a 600-hp variable speed pump with a capacity of 3,000 gpm. The treatment system currently includes two hydro pneumatic catalytic carbon (CAC) vessels with the capability to expand to four vessels. Vaughn WC currently proposes to install two vessels thus limiting the production to 1,600 gpm. The well will also include a 12.5% sodium hypochlorite disinfection system. Backwash from the treatment system will go to an onsite retention basin.
- Contact Information
California Department of Public Health
Visalia Distric Office 265 W. Bullard Ave, Suite 101
Fresno, CA 93704
Phone : (559) 447-3300
- Other Location Info
- In the vicinity of 2358 Willow Pond Street, NE corner of Willow Pond Street and Falling Creek Ave.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- C: 1; S: 15301, 60101(a)
- Reasons for Exemption
- CEQA Guidelines Section 15301, Class 1 exemptions are authorized for the operation, leasing, and permitting of existing public or private structures & facilities. CDPH intends to permit the operation of the existing well, treatment, and disinfection system.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.