U.S. Bureau of Reclamation - Moabi Backwater - Inlet Channel Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 7 (Colorado River Basin), Palm Desert
- Document Title
- U.S. Bureau of Reclamation - Moabi Backwater - Inlet Channel Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Reclamation proposes to excavate approximately 900 cubic yards of accumulated sediment using long reach excavator from within the inlet channel located in the vicinity of the existing culverts. The existing culvert crossing is not functioning at full potential due to sediment accumulation along the inletchannel which has restricted flow. In addition, the inlet area is experiencing water stagnation. The stagnant water has created a nuisance (poor water quality) that could potentially develop into a health hazard.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 7 (Colorado River B
73-720 Fred Waring Drive, Suite 100
Palm Desert, CA 92260
Phone : (760) 340-4521
- San Bernardino
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15304 - Class 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- Maintenance dredging activity where the accumulated sediment along the inlet channel has restricted flow and created poor water quality that could potentially develop into a health hazard. This activitiy involves no expansion of existing use.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.