San Diego Gas & Electric, South Bay Power Plant Interim Measures
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Department of Toxic Substances Control
- Document Title
- San Diego Gas & Electric, South Bay Power Plant Interim Measures
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E) is proposing to conduct Interim Measures (IM) at the South Bay Power Plant (SBPP) to mitigate potential risks and hazards to human health and environment from chemicals at six Areas of Concern. The IM activities involve excavation and offsite disposal of soil impacted with total petroleum hydrocarbons, volatile organic compounds, semi-volatile compounds and metals to meet industrial/commercial risk based cleanup goals. The attached Table 1 identifies the clean up goals at the site and it is anticipated that a Land Use Covenant will be placed on the property restricting land use to commercial/industrial.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
Brownfields and Environmental Restoration Program 5796 Corporate Avenue
Cypress, CA 90630-4732
Phone : (714) 484-5387
- Chula Vista
- San Diego
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- General Rule The removal action is consistent with the regulation since it will eliminate the threat of a release, reduce potential risk for future site occupants and future workers, and will improve groundwater quality at the site.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.