Tan Bark Trail Repair and Water Pipe Replacement
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Parks and Recreation
- Document Title
- Tan Bark Trail Repair and Water Pipe Replacement
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Repair approximately 3.3 miles of the Tan Bark Trail and replace approximately 1000 feet of water at Julia Pfelffer Burns State Park to repair damage to these facilities caused by the 2008 Basin Complex Fire. * Tan Bark Trail: Use winches, griphoists, cables and ropes to re-install one 30 foot aluminum beam bridge, one 30 foot viaduct, and 2 puncheons. Clear and remove approximate 250 downed trees that fell as a result of the fire and remove by hand approximately 6000 cubic feet of mudslide material and use to fill low spots in exisitng trail tread to reconstruct approximately 2 miles of trail tread; * Water Pipe: Replace approximately 1000 feet of 2 foot water pipeline in a State Park easement to a neighoring property owner that parallels Tan BArk Trail and Partington Creek.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
Monterey District 2211 Garden Road
Monterey, CA 93940
Phone : (831) 649-2980
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, 2, 4 - Class 1, 2 & 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of repair and minor alteration of existing public facilities or topographical features involving negligible expansion of use beyond current levels, replacement or reconstruction of existing structures or facilities where the new structure will be lacated on the same site as the structure replaced and will have substantially the same purpose and capacity as the structure replaced and minor public alterations in the condition of land, water, and vegetation that does not invovle the removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees except for forestry purposes; included as "trail or road repairs," and "trail construction or realignment" in theDepartment of Parks and Recreations's list of exempt activities, in accordance with CCR section 15300.4.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.