Michelson Shaded Fuel Break Maintenance
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE)
- Document Title
- Michelson Shaded Fuel Break Maintenance
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project area was designed by the landowner to be a permanent shaded fuel break/Defensible Fuel Profile Zone (DFPZ) that tied into an existing shaded fuel break/DFPZ that encircles the entire property. The DFPZ around the property is adjacent to the community of Delleker and the City of Portola. The project will involve the maintenance of a section of an existing fuel break/DFPZ that encircles the Michelson property. To maintain the effectiveness of the existing DFPZ the project will treat the moderate to dense re-growth of various brush species, downed woody debris will be treated, small pockets of conifer that were not treated during the establishment of the DFPZ will be pre-commercially thinned (DBH less than 10 inches), the conifers will be pruned, and the dead or dying trees impacted by insects/disease will be treated. CAL FIRE LMU Antelope Inmate Crews will complete the treatments by hand. The material will be piled and burned.
- Contact Information
Dale E. Meese
Forestry and Fire Protection, Board of
P.O. Box F
Quincy, CA 95971
Phone : (530) 283-1792
- Other Location Info
- The project is located directly north of the community of Delleker and northwest of the City of Portola.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- C: 1,4; S: 15301(h), 15304(i)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project will involve the maintenance of an existing fuel break/DFPZ.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.