Notice of Exemption for the Colusa County River Rd. Groundwater
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Water Resources (DWR)
- Document Title
- Notice of Exemption for the Colusa County River Rd. Groundwater
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The monitoring well will be drilled with truck-mounted direct rotary drill rig equipped with mud pump. All drilling mud will be contained in a recirculation system with drilling cuttings and sand being placed on the ground of a parking area on-site near the shaker system. Drilling mud will be contained on site and disposed of in an approved location by the driller. Additional equipment that may be onsite includes a water truck, a front-end loader and flat-bed trucks to transport materials as needed. Access for these vehicles will be directly on the levee road. The area to be occupied by the drill rig may require that installation of a 6-inch thick gravel pad depending on quantity and magnitude of wet winter weather. The drilling rig and associated equipment will occupy an area of approximately 80 feet by 40 feet. Well construction will occur during December 2010.
- Contact Information
Thomas L. Boullion
California Department of Water Resources
Northern Region Office 2440 Main Street
Red Bluff, CA 96080
Phone : (530) 529-7307
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15306, 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- Section 15306, Basic data collection, research, experimental management, and resource evaluation activities, which do not result in a serious or major disturbance of an environmental resource. Section 15304 (f), Minor trenching and backfilling where the surface of the land is restored and the project does not involve the removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.