Rule 451 (Surface Coating Miscellaneous Metal Parts and Products)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality Management District
- Document Title
- Rule 451 (Surface Coating Miscellaneous Metal Parts and Products)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Rule 451, Surface Coating of Miscellaneous Metal Parks and Products, establishes requirements on: (1) the maximum amount of volatile organic solvents used in coating, coating removal (stripping), surface preparation, and cleanup operations for metal parts and products, and (2) work practice requirements to minimize evaporation of those solvents. Air District is amending Rule 451 to incorporate the federal minimum level of control for miscellaneous metal parts and products surface coating source category. The amendments lower the existing coating limits for extreme performance coatings, aluminum coatings for window and door frames, and non-skid coating. The proposed amendments also add the etching filler coating category and its VOC content limits and include an exemption for automobile and light-duty truck assembly coating operations. All facilities in Sacramento County that are subjected to Rule 451 already meet the proposed limits.
- Contact Information
Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality Management District
777 12th Street, 3rd Floor
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 874-4831
- Other Location Info
- Incorporated and Unincorporated Sacramento County.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Statutory Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Categorical Exemption: 15038 It can be seen with certainty that there is no possibility that the adoption of this rule may have a significant adverse effect on the environment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.