Rule 202 - New Source Review, Rule 214 - Federal New Source Review, Rule 215 - Agricultural Permit Requirements And New Agricultural Permit Review
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality Management District
- Document Title
- Rule 202 - New Source Review, Rule 214 - Federal New Source Review, Rule 215 - Agricultural Permit Requirements And New Agricultural Permit Review
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Rules 202 and 214 contain permitting requirements for new and modified air pollution sources, including requirements to install the Best Available Control Technology (BACT) and to mitigate emissions increases. Rule 202 contains both state and federal requirements, and Rule 214 contains the federal requirements that are necessary for approval into the State Implementation Plan. These amendments meet federal statutory requirements related to reclassification of the District's ozone nonattainment status and recent designation as a PM2.5 nonattainment area. The reclassification of federal 8-hour ozone nonattainment status to "severe-15" requires the District to submit a rule that meets more stringent permitting requirements.
- Contact Information
Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality Management District
777 12th Street, 3rd Floor
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 874-4831
- Other Location Info
- Incorporated and Unincorporated Sacramento County.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Statutory Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Categorical Exemption: 15308 The adoption of these rules is to assure the maintenance, restoration, enhancement, or protection of the environment. It is exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act as an action by a regulatory agency for protection of the environment and because it can be seen with certainty that there is no possibility that the activity may have a significant adverse effect on the environment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.