Eucalyptus Control (10-11-SD-19)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Eucalyptus Control (10-11-SD-19)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This project consists of the control/removal of invasive Eucalyptus trees located at the eastern base of Bunker Hill in Border Field State Park. The grove consists of roughly 21 mature trees of the species Red Gum (Eucalyptus camaldulensis) & Blue Gum (Eucalyptus globulus) and a swarm of saplings and younger recruits. The trees will be removed by girdling, drilling and falling of the trees. Removal of trees is consistent with State Parks policy regarding invasive species. The project is high priority because species have been invading and competing for resources with adjacent mulefat scrub which serves as habitat for endangered species (least Bell's vireo, Vireo Bellii). DPR-approved standard project requirements have been incorporated into this project. A copy of these requirements may be obtained by submitting a request to the project Environmental Coordinator listed below.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (619) 688-3322
- San Diego
- Other Location Info
- Border Field State Park
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- No potential for significant impacts to the environment is anticipated in compliance with Section 15300.2. A resource ecologist will ensure avoidance of significant impacts to natural resources. An archaeologist will ensure avoidance of significant impacts to cultural resources. Project consists of projects not to exceed five acres in size to assure the maintenance, restoration, enhancement, or protection of habitat for fish, plants, or wildlife that would not disturb hazardous materials or cause significant adverse effects on endangered, rare or threatened species or their habitat (Class 33).
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.