Tank 7 In-Conduit Hydroelectric Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- State Water Resources Control Board
- Document Title
- Tank 7 In-Conduit Hydroelectric Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- On January 7, 2010, El Dorado Irrigation District (EID) filed petitions to include incidental power generation as a purpose of use under EID water right Licenses 11835 and 11836. The incidental power will generate at the Tank 7 In-Conduit Hydroelectric Project (Tank 7 Project) at an existing EID drinking water facility located approximately three miles east of the town of Diamond Springs. The Tank 7 Project proposes a small/low impact hydroelectric power (approximately 400 kilowatts of capacity) facility on EID's Pleasant Oak Main pipeline at an existing storage tank (Tank 7) and pressure reducing facility(PRS-5).
- Contact Information
State Water Resources Control Board
Division of Water Rights P.O. Box 2000
Sacramento, CA 95812-2000
Phone : (916) 341-5360
- El Dorado
- Other Location Info
- Location of Tank 7 Project: California Coordinates, NAD 83, Zone 3, North 2,010,614 feet and East 6,915,431 feet, being within the NE 1/4 of SE 1/4 of Section 33, T10N, R11E, MDB&M.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- 1. The project is exempt under CEQA Guidelines section 15328 exempting small hydroelectric projects at existing facilities, provided that the capacity of the proposed facility is five megawatts or less, will not change the timing, location, amount, or rate of diversions under the permits and licenses, will not be located in an environmentally sensitive area, and will not adversely impact water quality or fish habitat. 2. The project will not cause significant adverse impacts on any sensitive environment and will not result in significant cumulative impacts.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.