Explanation of Significant Difference (ESD) for the Sellars Brother's Radiator Shop
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Toxic Substances Control, Department of (Department of Toxic Substances Control)
- Document Title
- Explanation of Significant Difference (ESD) for the Sellars Brother's Radiator Shop
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The ESD requires excavation of an additional 400 cubic yards of lead contaminated soil. Soil contamination extends off the Sellars brothers Radiator Shop (Site) and onto the adjacent property, which is the Intermountain Auto Body Shop. The Site will be cleaned to 320 milligrams of lead per kilogram of soil (mg/kg) for commercial / industrial land use. The Intermountain Auto Body Shop will be remediated to 80 mg/kg to accommodate no restrictions associated with the residual lead. A total of 475 cubic yards of soil will be excavated on site, and a total of 25 cubic yards of soil will be excavated on the adjacent property. The remediation level for lead is protective of the groundwater and human health.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
8800 Cal Center Drive
Sacramento, CA 95826-3000
Phone : (916) 255-3585
- Other Location Info
- 38312 Main Street, Johnson Park, Section 3, T 35N, R 3E of the Mount Diablo Baseline Meridian.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is a cleanup action taken to prevent, minimize, stabilize, mitigate, or eliminate the release or threat of release of a hazardous waste or substance.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.