Lease Renewal and Vegetation Removal for AT&T Repeater
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Lease Renewal and Vegetation Removal for AT&T Repeater
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Renew lease with AT&T and remove vegetation within an approximately 370 feet long by 14 feet wide area around an AT&T repeater board located on Grasshopper Peak in Humboldt Redwoods State park to maintain signal integrity. The vegetation consists of trees and shrubs with trunks no greater than 8 inches diameter at breast height (DBH). Remove limbs from downed trees; scatter the resulting slash on the ground within the project area; and cut stumps to no greater than 12 inches high. AT&T will comply with all State and Federal environmental laws, including but not limted to the Endangered Species Act, California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), and Section 5024 of the Public Resources Code. DPR will advise AT&T if any new historical resources (including archaeological sites), special status species, Threatened/Endangered Species, or other resource issues are identified within the area.
- Contact Information
John E. Harris
California Department of Parks and Recreation
PO Box 2006
Eureka, CA 95520-2006
Phone : (707)445-6547 x19
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- C: 1,4, 5; S: 15301,15304,15305
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of maintenance of existing public structures and facilities involving no expansion of use beyond that existing at the time of the lead agency's determination; minor public alterations in the condition of land and vegetation, which do not involve removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees except for forestry and agricultural purposes; and minor alterations in land use limitations in areas with an average slope of less than 20% which do not result in any changes in land use density.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.