City of Fort Bragg, Otis R. Johnson Wilderness Park Enhancement Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Santa Rosa
- Document Title
- City of Fort Bragg, Otis R. Johnson Wilderness Park Enhancement Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The proposed project is located at the East end of Laurel Street in Fort Bragg, CA 95437, in Mendocino County within the Medocino Coast Hydrologic Unit No. 113.00. The purpose of the proposed project is to re-establish and improve native habitat and improve water quality by restoring stream connectivity, upgrading of one culvert to a bridge, replacing one collapsed footbridge, installing native material revetment where debris jam has forced stream into mountainside trail, removing invasive plant populations from riparian areas and replacing them with native plant communities propagated from local native plant populations, realigning trail network to reduce surface erosion, replacing two retaining walls, and installing four interpretive panels. Based on the mapped areas of the proposed project, total estimated area of permanent impact within Jurisdictional Wetlands in 525 sp. ft. and 450 sq. ft. within Other Waters of the U.S. The City of Fort Bragg proposes to minimize the temporary impacts to water of the U.S and State by implementing Best Management Practices (BMPs) to provide erosion control and pollution prevention throughout the project area during construction. The two unnamed tributaries will be improved by: 1) installing a foot bridge along the trail to reduce foot traffic across the stream to prevent hikers from disturbing the adjacent vegetation that occurs along the banks; and 2) replacing an undersized culvert with a footbridge. Both stream restoration actions and the projects minimization measures will reduce sediment runoff.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast)
5550 Skylane Boulevard, Suite A
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Phone : (707) 576-6711
Fax : (707) 523-0135
- Fort Bragg
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Upgrading culvert to bridge, replace non-native material with native, and improve water quality with minor impacts.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.