Renovations for Adaptive Reuse of Lizard House
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Renovations for Adaptive Reuse of Lizard House
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project will consists of converting Lizard Cottage from a collection storage facility into a State residence. This will involve the removal of modern shelving from the bathroom, removing plywood from the windows, patching holes where shelves and plywood were attached to the walls, painting the interior, Installing a toilet and sink in the bathroom, waterproofing the shower stall, installing a faucet in the kitchen, repairing termite damage to the walls removing linoleum adhesive from the bedroom and bathroom floors, restoring water and sewer service to the building, installing hot water heater, installing heating and cooling units and restoring the windows. The project will preserve original materials when possible and the replacement parts will be made of in-kind materials, the integrity of Lizard Cottage will not be affected.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
Tehachapi District 43779 15th Street West
Lancaster, CA 93534
Phone : (661) 726-1672
- Los Angeles
- Other Location Info
- Antelope Valley Indian Museum S.H. P.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15331 - Class 31
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project is limited to maintenance, repair, stabilization, rehabilitation, restoration, preservation, conservation or reconstruction of historical resources in a manner consistent with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.