Explanation of Significant Differences for Former Ventura Manufactured Gas Plant (MGP) Site
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Toxic Substances Control, Department of (Department of Toxic Substances Control)
- Document Title
- Explanation of Significant Differences for Former Ventura Manufactured Gas Plant (MGP) Site
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This project consists of an Explanation of Significant Differences which addresses the modification of a previously approved Removal Action Workplan (RAW) for the Former Ventura MGP Site. The RAW as originally written, addressed a portion of the Ventura MGP Site identified as Parcels A and F, which are under the ownership of Southern California Gas Company. The Explanation of Significant Differences (ESD) involves the expansion of the removal actions into Parcel B, which is immediately adjacent to the western end of Parcel A. The soil contamination found on Parcel A continues into Parcel B and is of the same origin and composition as the soil contamination found on Parcel A. Parcel B was not originally included in the RAW for logistical reasons, primarily associated with property ownership issues and the need to obtain formal access to that property to carry out removal activities.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
8800 Cal Center Drive
Sacramento, CA 95826-3000
Phone : (916) 255-6677
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- It can be seen with certainty that there is no possibility that the activity in question may hav ea significant effect on the environment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.