Petitions for Temporary Transfer of Water and Change Pursuant to Water Code section 1725 and 1707
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- State Water Resources Control Board
- Document Title
- Petitions for Temporary Transfer of Water and Change Pursuant to Water Code section 1725 and 1707
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- On July 2, 2010, petitions filed by the U.S. Breau of Reclamation (Reclamation ) for transfer and change pursuant to Water Code Sections 1725 (transfer petitions) and 1707 (instream flow dedicaiton petitions) were accepted for processing by the State Water Resources Control Board (State Water Board), Division of water Rights (Division). The petitions request authorization to temporarily change the method of operation of the Friant Division of the Central Valley Project in order to implement the provisions of the San Joaquin River Restoration Settlement Act, a part of Public Law No. 111-11, on an interim basis.
- Contact Information
State Water Resources Control Board
1001 I Street, 14th Floor P.O. Box 2000
Sacramento, CA 95812-2000
Phone : (916) 341-5363
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Statutory Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Water Code Section 1729
- Reasons for Exemption
- Modification of the permits to temporarily allow water to be released from Friant Dam, used for fish and wildlife enhancement instream, and subsequently re-diverted from the stream channel for consumptive use is statutorily exempt from the Californa Environmental Quality Act pursuant to Water Code section 1729.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.