Interim Removal Action, Wetlands Sediment
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Toxic Substances Control, Department of (Department of Toxic Substances Control)
- Document Title
- Interim Removal Action, Wetlands Sediment
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Navy will excavate inside Site 5, in a 0.24 acres area identified as the Area of Ecological Concern (AOEC) to six (6) feet below ground surface to remove and dispose 2,700 cubic yards of contaminated sediment. AOEC will then be backfilled and reconstituted back to native salt marsh habitat for wildlife. The Department of toxic Substances Control (DTSC), together with Regional water Quality Control Board (RWQCB) and Department of Fish and Game (DFG), have concurred with the proposed approach for this project. The Navy will conduct this interim removal action under the Action Memorandum Non-Time-Critical Removal Action IRP Site 5, Wetlands Sediment to eliminate/minimize potential ecological risks to birds such as the song sparrow and light-footed clapper rail (a special-status species), and small mammals such as the deer mouse. This removal action is conducted pursuant to the Comprehensive Response Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA).
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
5796 Corporate Avenue
Cypress, CA 90630-4700
Phone : (714) 484-5431
- Other Location Info
- Inside Site 5, Navel Base Ventura County Point Mugu
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- AOEC at Site 5 is located within the boundaries and in an unpopulated area of Naval Base Ventura County Point Mugu - an active military installation next to the Pacific Ocean.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.