Russian River Bank Stabilization at Highway 128 Bridge
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Santa Rosa
- Document Title
- Russian River Bank Stabilization at Highway 128 Bridge
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Caltrans replaced the Highway 128 Bridge over the Russian River in 2006 after one of the bridge piers failed. The bridge was closed from January 2006 through August 2006 during emergency bridge replacement/construction. In January 2010, Caltrans completed an emergency bank stabilization project along the upstream side of the western approach to the new bridge that consisted of placing approximately 500 cubic yards of rock slope protection (RSP) streambank during high winter flows. An additional 2,00 cubic yards of RSP was placed on the top of the eroding bank and against the bridge approach fill as an erodible buttress in the event that the 500 cubic yards that were placed in the river was insufficient to prevent further erosion.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Sa
5550 Skylane Boulevard, Suite A
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Phone : (707) 576-2801
- Other Location Info
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Emergency Project
- Type, Section or Code
- 21080(b)(4); 15269(b)(c)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project involves specific actions necessary to prevent and mitigate an emergency situation that has a high probability of occurrence in the short-term.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.