U.S. Bureau of Reclamation - Palo Verde C Canal Culvert Replacement Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 7 (Colorado River Basin), Palm Desert
- Document Title
- U.S. Bureau of Reclamation - Palo Verde C Canal Culvert Replacement Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The purpose for conducting the Palo Verde C Canal Culvert Replacement is to do maintenance on the C Canal Crossing through the Cibola Levee. There are four culverts with flap gates that allow passage of excess irrigation water from Palo Verde Irrigation District irrigation canals to flow to the Colorado River. The four culverts are in poor condition and need replacement. One of the goals is to allow water to flow through the culverts as designed. The culverts are not currently functioning properly due to deterioration of the culverts. Reclamation proposes to excavate the culverts using a land-based long reach excavator. All maintenance would be conducted on previously disturbed areas, therefore maintenance activities will not divert current channel flows and/or impact any wetland vegetation.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 7 (Colorado River B
73-720 Fred Waring Drive, Suite 100
Palm Desert, CA 92260
Phone : (760) 340-4521
- Other Location Info
- Palo Verde
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Replacement or reconstruction of existing structures and facilities where the new structure will be located on the same site as the structure replaced and will have substantially the same purpose and capacity as the structure replaced.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.