Pacific Gas and Electric Glenn #2 60kV Reconductoring Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Game #2
- Document Title
- Pacific Gas and Electric Glenn #2 60kV Reconductoring Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This project will replace seven power poles in five locations within stream zones. The old poles will be cut off at ground level instead of removed when in sensitive areas. At Location #1, Pole 12/236 (north side of Stony Creek floodplain) will be cut off at ground level and the new pole will be installed will not be removed or trimmed. Also at Location #1, Pole 12/237 (south side of Stony Creek floodplain) will be cut off at ground level and the new pole placed in the orchard further south away from Stony Creek. At Location #2, Pole 14/273 will be cut off at ground level and the new pole installed approximately 70 feet south of the existing pole in an abandoned driveway outside of the waterway. At location #3, Pole 15/286 will be cut off at ground level and a new pole will be installed nearby, further from the drainage. At location #4, Poles 16/310 and 16/314 will both be cut off at ground level and the new pole installed to the south further from the drainages. At Location #5, Pole 17/388 will be cut off at ground level and the new pole installed to the south further from the drainage. Access for all these pole replacements and installations shall be from existing paved or dirt roads. No equipment will work in the water. At some locations, minor trimming of vegetation, such as blackberries, may occur to access pole locations. No mature trees will be removed.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Game
North Central Region 1701 Nimbus Road, Suite A
Sacramento, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 358-4353
- Cross Streets
- Stony Creek floodplain and various unnamed drainages
- Other Location Info
- CIty/Nearest Community: Hamilton City
- Other Information
- Other location: The seven poles locations are: Pole 12/236 Latitude 39.711374, Longtitude - 122.004210: Pole 12/237 Latitude 39.709259, Longitude - 122.003309; Pole 14/273 Latitude 39.679925, Longitude - 122.005116; Pole 15/286 Latitude 39.670321, Longitude - 122.008463: Pole 16/310 Latitude 39.652576, Longitude - 122.007733; Pole 16/314 Latitude 39.649775, Longitude - 122.007637; and Pole 17/338 Latitude 39.632604, Longitude - 122.006707.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is categorically exempt under CEQA 15301(b) because it involves repair, maintenance, and minor alterations to existing private structures and facilities, with little or no expansion of existing use.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.