Coastal Prairie Habitat Enhancement
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Coastal Prairie Habitat Enhancement
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Enhance and maintain the native coastal prairie plant communities of Carmelo Meadow and Mound Meadow at Point Lobos State Natural Reserve by removing encroaching trees and performing prescribed burns. * Carmelo Meadow: Remove small pine trees and shrubs by cutting them down, placing them in piles, and either conducting pile-burns or disposing of the vegetation off-site. * Mound Meadow: Manually install approximately 2985 linear feet of 1.5 foot wide fire line on the perimeter of the meadow where roads and trails cannot be used as fire lines. Conduct prescribed burn on approximately 8.4 acres and apply herbicide to the remaining stumps of any remaining coyote brush (Baccharis pilularis) to prevent stump-sprouting.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
Monterey DIstirct 2211 Garden Road
Monterey, CA 93940
Phone : (831) 649-2980
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15304 - Class 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- Minor alterations in the condition of land and vegetation that do not involve the removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees except for forestry or agricultural purpose and is included as "prescribed burns to restore native vegetation" and "resource management projects" on the Department's list of exempt activities, in accordance with CCR section 15300.4.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.